Come explore with us!
Student well-being and skill-building is the foundation for this 3 week inquiry-based exploration program. Each program will consist of focused literacy, or numeracy, instruction. In addition, students will be provided with a meaningful, deeper learning experience around one area of passion from the provincial curriculum. Recreational physical activity and Indigenous principles of learning will be woven into each learning community. As a culmination of the Summer Explorer’s Program, each school site will provide parents with the opportunity to take part in a celebration or demonstration of learning.
- Dates: Tuesday, July 4 - Friday, July 21
- Week 1: Tuesday, July 4th to Thursday, July 6th
- Week 2: Monday, July 10th to Thursday, July 13th
- Week 3: Monday, July 17th to Friday, July 21st (Celebration of Learning Day) - Parents will be invited to the schools to learn about what their child did all summer
- Times: 8:30am-12:15pm (Grade K - 4) / 8:15am -12:00pm (Grade 5 - 8)
- Locations: Godson Elementary, Harry Sayers Elementary and Colleen and Gordie Howe Middle School
- IMPORTANT: If your child is registered but does not attend the first day, their spot may be forfeited to a waitlist student.
What You Need to Know
Summer Explorers will continue to be free of charge, funded by the Ministry of Education. NO DEPOSIT will be collected this year. However, a child referred for Enhancement Summer School should be available for the entire 3-week, 12-day program. Students who can not attend all 12 days will not be registered.
If your child received a waitlist letter, you will be contacted by phone or email during the month of June when a space opens up, and your child can be registered. If, by the first day of summer school your child has not been registered, and you still wish him/her to attend, you can bring him/her to the school at 9:30 am. At that time, registered students who have not shown up for school will have their spots re-assigned to wait list students who are in attendance. Please note, we cannot guarantee a spot for every waitlist student who comes on the first day. Availability will depend solely on the attendance of previously registered students