Registration opens Monday, April 11, 2022 to parents and school staff and closes on April 29, 2022.
Only those students who complete the online registration in its entirety and have confirmation from summer school administration are registered. Successful applicants will be notified in early June by phone or email.
BROCHURE Brochure (Punjabi) Brochure(Arabic)
Summer School 2021 will be held from July 4th to July 21st at Dave Kandal, Godson, Terry Fox, Ten-Broeck Elementary and Chief Dan George Middle School. Only those who can commit to attending everyday will be given consideration.
STEP 1: Gather Information
- Choose a course
- Find your PEN Number
Ask your teacher or school for help if you do not know your PEN Number!
STEP 2: Apply Online on April 11th
- On Monday, April 11th, go to the summer school website: summerschool.abbyschools.ca
- Under “Summer Explorers Gr. K-4 or Gr. 5-8”, select “Registration”
- Complete the registration form in its entirety
Online Registration closes April 29th!
Step 3: Non-Refundable Fee Payment
- Existing and eligible, non-international students are not required to pay a fee.
- International Students: $450
- Payment Method: SchoolCashOnline
K-4 Registration 5-8 Registration
K-4 Registration (Punjabi) 5-8 Registration (Punjabi)
There is no guarantee that all courses will run. Courses will only run if enough students enroll. Class lists will be posted on the front windows of the Summer Explorer sites two days before school starts. If a course is cancelled, a full refund will be issued. A notice will also be posted on this website.
Students who are not present on the first day of classes may have their seat in a course reassigned to a student on the waitlist.
First Day Procedures
1. Ensure your child has a recess snack, basic supplies, and is dressed for the weather. Some Summer School teachers prefer to call or email parents/guardians in late June regarding specific supplies needed. In the event that you do not hear from the teacher before the first day, please send the following basic supplies to help your child get started (in most cases your leftover supplies from the current school year will suffice).
- Primary & Elementary Students: pencil case, water bottle, at least one pencil & eraser, crayons or pencil crayons, ruler, scissors, glue stick, notebook with lined paper
- Middle School Students: pens, pencils/erasers, pencil crayons, ruler, scissors, notebook with lined paper, outdoor weather appropriate clothing
2. All K-4 classes begin at 8:30 am and end at 12:15pm Middle school runs 8:15am - 12:00pm. Bring your Student Acceptance Letter with you and reference it to locate the campus and room number to which your child has been assigned. Room numbers will be posted on, or above, external classroom windows or at the entrance to the building. Please line up at outside doors (if applicable) and await the teacher before entering the classroom.
3. Should you have difficulties finding your child's classroom, please reference the class lists at the main entrance and/or show your Student Acceptance Letter to one of the helpers stationed at the main entrance and he/she will be happy to direct you.
4. If your child received a Student Acceptance Letter but his/her name does not appear on a class list, please present the letter to the classroom teacher who will consult the summer school principal regarding your child's placement in the class. We thank you for your patience as we may have to make minor class adjustments during the first few days.